List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: compilation error in kdesupport
From:       "Raul Fernandes" <rgfernandes () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-07 20:53:15

2008/12/7 Michel Hermier <michel.hermier@gmail.com>:
> This is a wellknown error, see xine post release notes
> http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=619869&group_id=9655
> This error is due to mixing C and C++. While static inline
> _x_is_fourcc(void *ptr, void *tag) is *valid* in C it contains 2
> errors: the first is inline is used while it's not valid in regular C
> and the second is that C automagically assume that the function is
> returning an int while C++ refuse to guess that.
>
> Cheers, Michel

Thanks very much. Now compiles flawlessly but I got a strange error in kdelibs.

[  4%] Building CXX object
kdecore/CMakeFiles/kdecore.dir/network/k3resolverstandardworkers.o
/var/tmp/kde-build/svn/kdelibs/kdecore/network/k3resolverstandardworkers.cpp:
In member function 'bool
KNetwork::Internal::KStandardWorker::resolveScopeId()':
/var/tmp/kde-build/svn/kdelibs/kdecore/network/k3resolverstandardworkers.cpp:617:
error: 'if_nametoindex' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: ** [kdecore/CMakeFiles/kdecore.dir/network/k3resolverstandardworkers.o]
Erro 1
make[1]: ** [kdecore/CMakeFiles/kdecore.dir/all] Erro 2
make: ** [all] Erro 2

/var/tmp/kde-build/svn/kdelibs/kdecore/network/k3resolverstandardworkers.cpp:
615       // therefore, it's an interface name
616 #ifdef HAVE_IF_NAMETOINDEX
617       scopeid = if_nametoindex(scopename.toLatin1());
618 #else
619       scopeid = 0;
620 #endif
621 }