List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Semantics of KSystemTracIcon::maybeQuit
From:       Mathias Soeken <msoeken () tzi ! de>
Date:       2007-09-05 7:56:41

Hi,

I think, KSystemTrayIcon has a problem. The problem arises, when you fetch the
quitSelected() signal and choose in your code not to quit. But nevertheless,
qApp->quit() is called after quitSelected() was emitted.

So when in the corrosponding slot to quitSelected() the programm can not be
quitted, b/c the user cancels saving unsaved data, qApp->quit() may not be
executed.

I could write a patch, but I do not know how to realize it, perhaps:

* connect KSystemTrayIcon::quitSelected() to qApp->quit() in
KSystemTrayIcon::KSystemTrayIcon()
* add a method KSystemTrayIcon::setQuitBehavior( Normal, UserDefined ) which
disconnects KSystemTrayIcon::quitSelected() from qApp->quit() when
UserDefined was choosen, so the user has to call qApp->quit() by hisself.

Best regards,
Mathias