List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Updated KDE 4.0.0 Release Schedule
From:       Arnold Krille <kde () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2007-09-04 10:58:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Dienstag, 4. September 2007 schrieb Ian Wadham:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:57 pm, Allen Winter wrote:
> > We, The Release Team, hereby announce that we are extending the
> > KDE 4.0.0 schedule [1] 2 months by inserting an extra 2 Betas ...
> > <snip>
> > We feel that there are crucial elements of the release that need more
> > development time.  The feature freeze (less exemptions) remains in
> > effect.
> Once I heard a software pundit tell of a restaurant that said, on its menu:
>   "If there is any delay, please be patient:
>    really good food takes a while to prepare."
> His point was that it is always good to delay a release if you are going
> to get a better result.

Yeah, I remember a distribution delaying their "stable" release for about
three years. And the finished product didn't have working sound in videos so
they used a mac for the Toy-Story-videos during the release party on
LinuxTag... When they tried to blame it on the Linux-Audio-Community we left
the stage under protest...

Sometimes its good to postpone some features for later releases.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/