List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Crash in dolphin with Nepomuk services running
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-09-01 7:39:49

Hi Alex,

On Friday, 31. August 2007 22:27, Alex Merry I'v wrote:
> I've spent the last few hours trying to debug a crash in dolphin, and
> I'm stuck.

Thanks a lot for your help!

[...]
> What happens is that I start strigidaemon and nepomukdaemon, start
> dolphin and hover over a file (not a folder).  Dolphin crashes about
> half a second later (just when the information panel changes to show
> the info for the file being hovered over).

This crash occurs already since several weeks and I initially thought it is
only a temporary issue. Now before the beta2 we contacted Sebastian Trüg
(Nepomuk core maintainer). Sebastian told us that he will commit a big
Nepomuk update hopefully next Monday and this issue should be solved. This
update should also bring some performance gains :-)

[...]
> One more thing: I get this crash consistently across successive runs of
> dolphin.  However, restarting nepomukdaemon (and nepomukcoreservices)
> sometimes cures the problem for one or two runs of dolphin.

Ah, thats interesting. Anyway I'd suggest that we wait until the next Nepomuk
update before doing further debugging.

Thanks again and bye!
Peter