List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Classmate etc compiles
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2007-08-28 16:08:29

Il Tuesday 28 August 2007 17:45:54 Jos Poortvliet ha scritto:
> On 8/28/07, Elio Cuevas <elcugo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe Gentoo is for you (http://www.gentoo.org).

Why do you say that? I think gentoo is irrelevant here.

The point would be to be able to disable certain KDE features at compile time
that are too cpu-intensive/power-hungry for certain classes of machines.

So work has to be done to identify the features that can be sacrificed, or the
features that have to be added to make KDE a good match to this somewhat
restricted hardware.

I think this kind of work can be beneficial for more than classmate.

Luciano