List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE 4 apps in a KDE 3 session
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-08-27 18:54:12

On 27.08.07 19:43:31, David Jarvie wrote:
> For the last 3 or 4 weeks I've been unable to run KDE 4 apps in a KDE 3
> session. Something must have changed in the requirements - perhaps it's
> something to do with kded? I can't find any description on techbase of how to
> set things up - are there some instructions somewhere?

Not really, I use the attached script to setup everything thats needed
in the environment and then start the app, maybe that helps you find out
whats wrong. Note: I don't use a separate user as techbase suggests, so
you need to take care not use $HOME/.kde as your KDEHOME in kde4 apps.

Andreas

--
Everything will be just tickety-boo today.

#!/bin/bash
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LD_BIND_NOW=1
export KDE_LANG=$LANG
export QTINSTDIR=$HOME/qt-copy
export QTDOCDIR=$HOME/qt-copy/doc/html
export KDEINSTDIR=$HOME/kde4
export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kde4
export PATH=$QTINSTDIR/bin:$KDEINSTDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTINSTDIR/lib:$KDEINSTDIR/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$KDEINSTDIR/lib/kde4/plugins
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$QTINSTDIR/lib:$KDEINSTDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export QTEST_COLORED=1
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde4
export STRIGI_HOME=/home/andreas/kde4
export KDETMP=/tmp/andreas-kde4