List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KTeaTime
From:       Daniel Teske <teske () squorn ! de>
Date:       2007-08-22 20:46:18

> Practical the diff contains a complete rewrite of KTeaTime. I'm now sure I can
> finish my work and so I want to ask if this patch can be applied.

So I have now actually tested the patch. First of all, thanks for the effort, it is \
appreciated. And it certainly is an improvment.

Like I suspected the spinbox and slider option for all the time controls doesn't \
improve on just a spibox. The UI is probably better without the sliders.

What I noticed where a lot of crashes. I tracked those down to the following problem.

Inside qt (qemu.cpp) is this code after activating an action.

    if (QAction *action = qobject_cast<QAction *>(q->sender())) {
        emit q->triggered(action);
#ifdef QT3_SUPPORT
        emit q->activated(q->findIdForAction(action));
#endif

Looks fine, except the triggerid() signal is connected to the runTea() action which \
calls QMenu::clear(), which deletes all QActions for the teas.  That means action is \
deleted after line 2. So the 4. line is then using a already deleted object. => \
Crash.

Easy and correct fix is to not rebuild the menu for just running a tea. We just need \
to disable and enable a few actions.

And yeah what Aaron said, you can't just delete the copyrights. The code still \
resembles the old one in a few places.

Well that#s enough feedback for the moment. :)

daniel