List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KTeaTime
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-21 17:28:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 20 August 2007, Stefan Böhmann wrote:
> I worked the last few days on KTeaTime to learn C++ and KDE4 development.
> Here are my results.
>
> Practical the diff contains a complete rewrite of KTeaTime. I'm now sure I
> can finish my work and so I want to ask if this patch can be applied.

unless you started with a "clean room" implementation, you can't rightly
remove the copyrights of others from the code. if your code evolved from what
was there, you need to retain their copyrights. that they are still listed in
the KAboutData seems to confirm this. =)

that said, you probably want to bounce this "patch" (rewrite, really =) off of
the maintainers/authors of kteatime rather than to the list here. providing
some screenshots to them would also probably be welcome (i know i appreciate
those when such a large changeset comes my way)

btw, i'd strongly suggest using KConfigXT so that you can get rid of all that
readEntry/writeEntry/connect code used to populate and save the state of the
config dialog. there is a tutorial on techbase for this and it's really,
really simple to do.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se