List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Looking for XML parser
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-20 11:23:43

On Monday 20 August 2007 13:10, Johannes Schwall wrote:
> Thanks to both of you, David and Cornelius. I'll compare them and see
> which fits my needs best. But as an aside: is it prudent to use
> something from kdepim/core? Wouldn't that mean being dependent on the
> kdepim package in the future?

As kxml_compiler is a stand-alone tool which generates C++ code, you don't
necessarily get a dependency. You can just run the tool and include the
results in your project. If you change the schema you have to run the tool
again, though.

It would also be an option to provide separate Kode packages. It's mostly for
historical reasons that it's part of kdepim (and because it's still pretty
experimental).