List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesupport cmake failure
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-19 10:36:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
>Hi,
>
>While building kdesupport, cmake fails at:
>
>-- Installing /media/VMIMAGES/KDE4/kde/bin/qcatool

That's installing, not building.

>CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
>/media/VMIMAGES/KDE4/kde/build/kdesupport/qca/plugins/qca-logger/cmake_i
>nstall.cmake:35: FILE cannot create directory:
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/crypto. Maybe need administrative privileges.

That's correct. Installing kdesupport will try to write to Qt4's dir.

QCA installs a Qt plugin.

>I am using the distro shipped QT4 setup but I don't think it should fail
>here. I think I've set up my environment variables correctly.

Too bad. I agree with you, but the QCA developers don't. They decided
their plugin must live in the Qt directory.

>I see QT_PLUGIN_PATH properly set but still I get the incorrect install
> path for library installation during cmake build.
>
>kde-devel@learner:~/kde/build/kdesupport/qca/plugins/qca-logger$ echo
>$QT_PLUGIN_PATH
>/media/VMIMAGES/KDE4/kde/lib/kde4/plugins:

QCA doesn't search your environment. It searches the Qt configuration.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358