List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is there a class to do the math for arranging/flowing items in
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-08-06 16:08:04

Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> use example from Qt (flowlayout). I also used it in KAider for glossary view.

Hmm... except I'm not arranging Objects. "...It needs to be very fast,
i.e. just the math to decide where to put each item based on the item
size, spacing, and container size." In case that wasn't sufficiently
clear, the item size is constant; having an Object per item is "too much
overhead". In fact, it shouldn't even know how many items I have.

So I guess my needs are different from yours. Ah, well.

--
Matthew
"Braaaaaaaaiins!" -- Zombies