List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: About menu delay
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-08-01 10:54:57

jos@mijnkamer.nl wrote:
> On 8/1/07, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> wrote:
>> jos poortvliet wrote:
>>> Hi PPL,
>>>
>>> In a discussion on the usability list, this guy asked for a configurable
>> menu
>>> delay. Now he got someone to write a patch for KDE 3.5.x and he asked me
>>> test it. I don't have KDE 3.5.x (and no time to build it), and I was
>> unable
>>> to get this working with KDE Trunk. So I ask: is anybody here willing and
>>> capable of testing this patch?
>> OK, What do I need to do after installing this.  It appears to be a
>> change in the KCM for style.
>
> To be honest, I don't know anything more than you do... I also looked
> at the code, and to me it also seemed only a KCM change or something -
> but I can't code anyway, so if I don't understand something, I won't
> think it's wrong ;-)
>
> Can you find the setting in KCM, and does it do something?

Yes, I have this working, see attached.

Yes, this is probably a useful feature since I would also like to set it
to slower.

However, I don't think that that is a good place for the widget.  So, I
would add another tab for menus even though that is the only thing to
start with.  Also, a smaller slider is all that is needed.

--
JRT

["kcm-style.png" (image/png)]