List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: dbus-send to kde kioslaves
From:       Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier () fh-kl ! de>
Date:       2006-06-14 19:46:19

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juni 2006 21:34 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Wilhelm Meier wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm experimenting with dbus and kde. Can anyone point to the correct
> > message to send via dbus-send to let the kde kioslave mount-popup show
> > up? Is there any documentation?
>
> As I replied on the dbus mailing list (where you asked too), KIOSlaves
> don't use D-BUS or DCOP.

thank you for your patience !

> In fact, the popup isn't shown by any KIOSlave, but instead by kded. That
> one uses DCOP, but there's no method to tell it to show the popup window.
> It will do that when it thinks a new device has been plugged.

Well, I don't know very much of the internals of kde, but I thought that the
events propagate from kernel->udev->hal->dbus->kded (?) in the case, a new
device is added (at least on my gentoo-box with hal/dbus enabled). So, it
should be possible to send the same message via dbus-send (?).If not, please
give me a hint (to some documentation).

thx,
wilhelm
--