List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: No kde deprecated warnings with gcc-3.3.1
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2006-04-22 12:13:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Can someone enlighten me what can cause the fact that constructors
> marked KDE_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED don't give a deprecation warning on
> SuSe 9.0 with gcc-3.3.1?

Because your compiler is too old. It errors out in other macros, so this
kind of function decoration is disabled for gcc < 3.4.

>Ah, just checked kdemacros.h:
>
>#ifndef KDE_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED
># ifdef __GNUC__
>#  if __GNUC__ == 3 && __GNUC_MINOR__ <= 3
>    /* GCC 3.3.x cannot handle Qt 4.1.2's definition of
>Q_DECL_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED */
>#   define KDE_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED
>#  else
>#   define KDE_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED Q_DECL_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED
>#  endif
>
>So KDE_CONSTRUCTOR_DEPRECATED is empty on gcc-3.3.x.
>Then why not to do the same thing that Qt does for reporting warnings
> when using gcc-3.3.x?

Because it errors out.

>I'll say it again, Qt-4.1.2 emits deprecation warnings quite nicely on
>gcc-3.3.1.

Not exactly. I have a task to fix Qt instead and I will probably disable
all warnings in gcc 3.3.1.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway