List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] A mockup of Konqueror
From:       Iñaki <ibc2 () euskalnet ! net>
Date:       2006-03-14 20:09:17

El Martes, 14 de Marzo de 2006 20:45, Joshua J. Berry escribió:> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 \
11:47, Iñaki wrote:> > > I very much like the idea of hidden menus but I'd add one menu \
button> > > near the "menu" for bookmarks. Bookmarks are useful in file manager> > > too.> >> > \
But you can access easily them by clicking in the "Bookmarks" sidebar. Is> > it not enough?>> I \
would say no.>> I never use the Konqueror sidebar because it takes up way too much screen> \
space for me. Me too.

> When I'm browsing something, I don't want to look at > sidebars and whatnot, I just want to \
> see what I'm looking at (either the> webpage, or the contents of a folder).
Of course, but look in my mockup: when you are in web browser mode you can see the button \
"Bookmarks" in the specific bar.

> To me a sidebar in Konqueror is > unnecessary clutter, and while it's occasionally useful, \
> most of the time I> want to keep it hidden.
Me too. Anyway I've tried to do a mockup for ALL the users. If an user doesn't like the \
sidebars he can easily hide them, there is not problem

> I use the Bookmarks menu quite often, however.  (More, in fact, than just> about any other \
> menu in Konqueror.)
Me too.  ;)