On Tuesday 14 March 2006 19:06, Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17:30, Alexander Dymo wrote: > > I very much like the idea of hidden menus but I'd add one menu button > > near the "menu" for bookmarks. Bookmarks are useful in file manager > > too. And I'd prefer different bookmarks for file and web browsers. > > Actually, hiding the menubar is a pretty bad move: it makes the > application almost inpenetrable for beginners and doesn't save anything > for > intermediates. (According to Alan Cooper, who's About Face I'm reading > now.) Indeed, the menubar is for actions used rarely enough that they don't need a fast shortcut... but making the option yet another level away seems too much for my taste. It's true that my menubar lies away in a kicker panel anyway. Moreover, technically, the feature needs special support in kde/qt libraries and the window manager. While we may convince the KWin maintainer that's a feature worth supporting (Hi Lubos!), it will be hard to convince other window manager developers to do the same. > > > > http protocol the "up" button disappear > > > > no, please not! > > Indeed, the up button may irritate a lot of website owners, but it's an > essential weapon in the arsenal of the savvy website user. Again, I concur. "Up" may not be an action mainstream sites care about nowadays (then again, most don't care about html either), but I find myself using it quite often. Luciano >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<