List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: sqlite in kdelibs
From:       Helio Chissini de Castro <helio () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-29 11:19:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 01:45, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> .. still, the correct way would be to fix the bugs regarding sqlite in Qt
> and use the Qt version, instead of adding yet another fork of it.
>
> Greets,
>
> Dirk

Agree..
The current way will lead us to multiple incompatible hell like we have in
Berkeley DB, and been in a distro, i know what was needed to find every
internal package with different bdb to solve a single problem.
I think that a temporary solution like Amarok guys do is nice. There's a
configure option to choose use external system sqlite or internal included
one. This can please everyone.

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer