List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Using khtml_part and meta refresh headers
From:       John Morton <jwm () eslnz ! co ! nz>
Date:       2004-12-22 11:28:47

I've put together a simple web browser screensaver thing, using the kdevelop
kscreensaver templates and the example code in the khtml_part documentation.
It works reasonably well, with such things as javascript support running
nicely, but for some reason setting metaRefreshEnabled doesn't seem to do
anything. Is there something special I'm supposed to do, or is it just broken
in kde 3.2.3, debian/testing?

Here's the body of the screen saver's blank method, which does the actual
work:

void chance::blank()
{
    setBackgroundColor( QColor(black)  );
    erase();

    KHTMLPart *doc = new KHTMLPart(this, "khtml_window");

    doc->setStatusMessagesEnabled(false);

    doc->setMetaRefreshEnabled(useMetaRefresh);
    doc->setJScriptEnabled(useJavascript);
    doc->setJavaEnabled(useJava);
    doc->setPluginsEnabled(usePlugins);

    doc->openURL(url);
    doc->view()->resize(width(), height());
    doc->show();
}

I'm getting the impression I'm going to have to somehow get the
scheduleRedirect method called on completion of a page load by hand.

Thanks,
John