List:       kde-devel
Subject:    building on Suse 9.1 :(
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2004-05-15 11:16:26

I just upgraded to SuSE 9.1, and I have tried to compile the CVS
packages. Sadly, make -f Makefile.cvs aborts with these error messages:

/usr/share/aclocal/ogg.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_OGG
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/ogg-old.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_OGG
/usr/share/aclocal/avifile.m4:21: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_AVIFILE
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request"
at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm line 69, <GEN1> line 198.
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

The autotools used are:
automake-1.8.3-23
autoconf-2.59-75
libtool-1.5.2-56

Can this problem be fixed?
I can try to go back to older autotools, if it is needed.
I wonder how did SuSE compile their packages...

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima@virgilio.it