List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to drag files from PDA to konqueror
From:       "Roberto Alsina" <ralsina () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-08 17:58:01

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a set of Python-scripts that should perform a simplified
> GUI for a PDA (PocketPC)-file-system based on SynCE
> "http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/".
> The python scripts are similar to the "dirview"-example of the
> QT-Toolkit.
> In contrast to the sub-project SynCE-KDE
> "http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/kde/" which
> needs SynCE and KDE 3.x installed I work on the "Poor Man's SynCE-KDE"
> that needs only PyQt.
>
> - Viewing of the PDA-file-system and
> - file "droping into" the PDA-file-system works.
>    e.g. from "konqueror" on a Linux PC or from "Finder" on a MacOS X
> computer.
>
> When trying file - "dragging from" the PDA-file-system to konqueror I
> get a message like "Invalid URL %5cfoo%5cbar".
> That's clear because
> 1. "%5c" is the PocketPC - path-separator "\"
> 2. I have no idea how to implement file dragging.
>     I think the URI should be someting like "SynCEfile://MyPDA/foo/bar"
>
> Can somebody be so helpful and give me some advice how to build the
> right URI to drag files to konqueror.

The URI is just a text with a certain mimetype, so itīs just a matter of
putting the right thing into it.

Sadly[1], I am in vacation right now and canīt access a PyQt computer, but
if you still have problems around next wednesday, mail me your code and I
will make it work :-)

[1] for you, not for me, I am pretty happy about vacations :-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Imminentizing the eschaton since 1971.