List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fonts dialog for odd fonts formats
From:       Jaime Soffer <lists () soffernet ! com>
Date:       2003-08-27 1:21:41

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> This appears to be a completely different font format.  So, I presume
> that you are not going to be using the Qt font system with it.  If you
> want to "use" the KDE font dialog, you are going to have to make a clone
> of it -- copy the layout and style of the widget but have it display
> your own data -- since it is closely linked to the Qt font system.

I'm hoping to modify KFontChooser and do some C++ magic to still use at
least some KDE consistency through the base classes but adding my own
font processing routines.

Well, since this is a bit out of KDE's basic design and not even a first
priority I won't spend more of the list's resources with it. Thank you.