On Wednesday 20 August 2003 12:37, Johnny Andersson wrote: > Let's say I have a memory buffer with utf16 data. I want to set a QString > to use this data, that is, I want to avoid a copy operation. This is not possible, since utf16 strings have (like utf8) a variable character length, and QString's internals do not support this. > I guess what I want is something like QConstString(const char *, int). > Info appreciated. You can cast your string to const QChar* and use it as argument of QConstString ( const QChar * unicode, uint length ), provided that: - you are sure that all characters in your utf16 string have only 16 bits (you may need to check that) - you did not compile Qt with QT_QSTRING_UCS_4. In other words, QChar has 2 bytes and not 4. You can check that at compile time, a sizeof(QChar) should be enough bye.. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<