List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Programming in Terminal C++
From:       "Bruce J.A. Nourish" <kode187 () kode187 ! net>
Date:       2003-04-08 15:25:11

On Monday 07 April 2003 11:45 am, Roberto Mason wrote:
> Thank you on all counts. I will get me a new book C++
>
> Roberto

And if I could hand out a small brickbat here... Do *not* buy O'Reilley's
"Practical C++ Programming". The author, Steve Oualline, is excellent, and I
highly recommend his "Practical C Programming" if you need such a book. But
the C++ book is hideously out of date: for example, it mentions the bool type
as a feature that is not yet implemented in many compilers.
--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <kode187@kode187.net>