List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: KDE theme Manager...
From:       Gary Greene <greeneg () student ! gvsu ! edu>
Date:       2003-03-31 17:19:36

["forwarded message" (message/rfc822)]

From: Mosfet <dan.duley@verizon.net>
To: Gary Greene <greeneg@student.gvsu.edu>
Subject: Re: KDE theme Manager...
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:14:45 -0600

Yes, kindof ;-) If you want to forward this to kde-devel so they know what is
going on feel free. We never were able to get everyone in one place for IRC.

I went on a temporary hiatus until I can get a new machine. I've been doing
all my development on an AMDK6 450Mhz box with 128M RAM and 4 gigabytes of
disk. While this was more than enough to run KDE I was spending most of the
little free time I had compiling things and not coding. In addition I ran out
of disk space so couldn't run KDE3.1 and CVS HEAD side-by-side. This was all
keeping me from staying current.

Since I spent countless working hours on Linux for free and am low on cash I
didn't want to upgrade just so I can do more work for free ;-) Better to pay
my bills.

Luckily I got a bunch of donated hardware coming in and will go from my
current AMD 450Mhz/128M box to a AMD Athlon 1.4Gig/512M box. This will be
much better ;-) The last of the stuff is being shipped now - that will
probably take a week - then I got to install and compile everything. That
will probably take another since I plan on compiling the entire system from
scratch, (I'm always complaining about how I think dists mess up Linux so I
figure I should try to build a system from source myself to get an idea what
is involved).

I know you guys were talking about doing a DCOP API for theme management. If
you guys want to start that, as well as any other modifications of individual
applications, feel free to start. I'll start working on the theme manager
once everything is straigtened out here.