List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NX Project Announcement
From:       Gian Filippo Pinzari <pinzari () nomachine ! com>
Date:       2003-03-29 1:05:45

On Saturday 29 March 2003 01:15 am, Tim Jansen wrote:
> BTW krdc now supports multiple protocols, so if you want to add support for
> NX, feel free to do it :)

We are already considering integration with krdc. NX doesn't add any
new low-level protocol, just compression of X protocol, so the integration
we are looking for is probably not the one you intended in your statement.
With NX you can run a X client on a remote NX server by just clicking
on its icon, but this is not well integrated with the host desktop. We need
a way to let NX server "publish" its applications and we need a desktop
technology that's able to add icons to the desktop without user's
intervention. This is the reason we are looking at what Tim has done.

/Gian Filippo Pinzari.