List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: pkg-config, glib2 etc.
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-16 21:28:22

On Sunday 16 March 2003 16:04, Mosfet wrote:
> Opps, apparently I was wrong. When Havoc stated "There's nothing
> desktop-specific or desktop-related about pkg-config" on it's website I
> assumed it wasn't glib based. Turns out it is. This means using pkg-config
> also would require KDE to have glib, right? This is not desktop neutral
> software.

  It has its own internal glib.  Based on our conversation with Havoc and
something that I brought up, I think the plan is for freedesktop.org to work
towards providing a generic, minimal package with only the common elements to
all desktops.  pkg-config would be included.  Therefore I don't see the
internal glib disappearing.  I wouldn't be too worried about it; at least not
now.

--

George Staikos