List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Quanta builddir != srcdir problem
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 22:06:38

On Monday 30 September 2002 8:00 am, Lauri Watts wrote:

> > > Being in CVS doesn't make it part of KDE.  Only the released apps are
> > > part of a particular KDE version. :-)
> >
> > Using your definition Sean may be ahead of things, by symantics. Quanta
> > 3.1 is scheduled to be released as part of KDE 3.1. That means he's
> > looking for us to function as the rest of  KDE CVS... but our humble
> > little module only has us trying to make Sean happy on this. ;-)
>
> If that's the case, can we do some rearrangement with the docs (and I
> guess, i18n)?  It's currently set up quite differently, and as such,
> difficult to automate into the usual systems.

Well our doc guy Robert told me he read up on the docs and began. Frankly I'm
pretty tickled we finally have them, and relatively complete at that. At
least they look right, but obviously I'd like to have full compliance.

> Specifically, the english documentation should be in quanta/doc/ without
> subdirectories, there are duplicates of most of the kdelibs/doc/common
> files in there.  The translations should be in kde-i18n

Apparently there was some confusion when Andras put the docs in CVS. I was
busy and he did not know Robert had done the duplicate files for posting the
docs on the web. They had showed correctly only with Konqueror before. I will
remove them from CVS. We can also restructure.

> BTW, Quanta is quite lovely :)

Thank you very much. We are working hard on it. Now that we can do DTDs,
auto-complete and a structural tree view as well as scripted interaction we
are very close to our universal tagging and scripting goals. If someone from
docs wishes to help we can set up the DTD mode, toolbars, templates and
associated scripts which would hopefully make a great asset for doc
generation.

> Regards,

Cheers
--