List:       kde-devel
Subject:    mandrake 9.0 + cvs kde 3.1 compile problem
From:       Tobias Lochner <t_lochner () web ! de>
Date:       2002-09-30 20:44:16

Hello

I've just upgraded to Mandrake Linux 9.0. ( Did a fresh install.)

Now I've some problems to compile KDE 3.1 cvs (from today and also complete new):

When I try to configure kdebase I get the following error(s):

checking X11/extensions/XKBstr.h usability... no
checking X11/extensions/XKBstr.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XKBstr.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XKBstr.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XKBstr.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for X11/extensions/XKBstr.h... yes
checking for OpenSSL... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include
checking whether OpenSSL uses rsaref... no
checking for DPMS... yes
checking for fontconfig-config... /usr/local/bin/fontconfig-config
checking linux/raw.h usability... no
checking linux/raw.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for linux/raw.h... yes
checking for long long... yes
checking for freetype-config... /usr/bin/freetype-config
checking kcarddb.h usability... no
checking kcarddb.h presence... no
checking for kcarddb.h... no
checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/Xrender.h... yes
checking for XRenderComposite in -lXrender... yes
checking for sigset... yes
checking for sigaction... yes
checking "struct ucred"... yes
checking nogroup... nogroup
checking for getpeereid... no
checking for xmkmf... /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf
checking various X settings... failed
configure: error: /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf (imake) failed.
Make sure you have all necessary X development packages installed.

Since I've all XFree86 packages installed, I guess it must be something else.
Maybe bad X11 packages ? I've also checked cooker, but there are no new X11 packages.

Has someone the same error or maybe a sugestion or even better a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Bye, Tobias