List:       kde-devel
Subject:    X freeze with GLX?
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-09-29 10:43:38

Hi
I have a problem with boson - when I start a game and quit it again I have a
(reproducable on my system) X freeze. Mouse can still be moved, but the
cursor doesn't change and nothing happens when I click on something. Keyboard
is locked, too.

The only way (except reboot) is to ssh into my computer and killall -9
drkonqi. killing boson doesn't work.
According to gdb and lots of debug output (added by me) in QT the freeze
happens once the QGLWidget destructor calls QGLContext::reset() - in the line
with glXDestroyContext().

I believe this has something to do with my graphics card driver (I am using
the tdfx driver with a Voodoo5 card) but when I start boson from e.g. fvwm2
(i.e. without kde) then all kde stuff including kdeinit and artsd is started,
but the game does *not* freeze on destruction. It happens when I start it
under KDE *only*.

So something in KDE startup or so must trigger this problem, but I have no
idea what. Can anyone help me?

CU
Andi