List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Noise (Re: CD Bake Oven in KDE3.1 (not a great name))
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2002-04-08 14:41:07

> (I'm not only reacting to this give-a-name party, but to all previous ones
> on all those lists too).

I agree with you, in part. However, in any circle of professionals you're
going to have some off topic comic or creative relief from the technical
stuff.

On one hand, I do believe you want to keep the noise to a minimum, but on the
other hand I think it is very important to cultivate a community of
developers who enjoy eachothers company. Take away too much of the comic and
creative relief and you risk ending up with a community that is devoid of the
really creative and oddball talent that makes the KDE movement fun to
participate in (IMHO anyway).

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.