List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0 font spacing
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 21:56:37

On Thursday 28 February 2002 17:57, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 28 Feb 2002, David Jarvie wrote:
> > continual source of irritation for some KDE developers too. Wherever the
> > solution to the problem lies, the release of KDE 3.0 final should IMHO be
> > held until it is fixed. Can anybody give an authoritative statement on
> > the KDE policy towards this?
>
> What fix do you suggest ?

I guess he refers to Ewald Snel's patch. Everyone who has problems with
current Qt/KDE and font spacing is happy after applying that patch.

On displays without Xft the spacings are quite excessive, so this might
indeed be a good patch. At home I do have Xft, but at work I might give it a
try - there I can see the same problem.

Martijn