List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Minimising shortcut
From:       "Luke Chatburn" <lchatburn () isset ! org>
Date:       2002-02-28 3:12:40

Hi...

I guess I have a small enquiry and favour to ask. I'm using 2.2.1 on
Mandrake 8.1 at the moment, and can't mess around too much with my one and
only machine (although I will upgrade to the next full distro :-) ), so I'm
not sure whether this has been done already...

I tried to set some personal keyboard shortcuts a few days ago and came
across a problem... There is a rather useful windows shortcut that is only
talked about in a very obscure help file in Win 95, but still works, and
improves my work flow quite a bit, when I boot windows (rarely, these days!
thanks everyone). Win Key + M... It minimises all windows... It's a very
fast way to unclutter the screen and get to the desktop.

I just wondered if, since there is a Close All action that can be associated
with a shortcut, whether there might be a way to implement minimise all
through a small patch... I don't know if anyone else would ever use it, but
when I have 5 text edit windows, four of Konqy, KMail, three terminals, a
package manager, the GIMP and a few other things running on a 1024x768
laptop TFT, it would help out no end...

Thank you for your time...

-Luke Chatburn
International Space School Educational Trust