List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Copy and paste in KDE
From:       John Golubenko <jeneag () attbi ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 18:34:10

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Erik Sigra wrote:

> onsdagen den 27 februari 2002 18.37 skrev John Golubenko:
> > Hello folks,
> > Let me see...
> > If you say editing some text, and then you go google and you find
> > some better version on the web, you do quick selection (3rd button ||
> > ctrl-c), and after you want to overwrite what you already have, so you
> > select it and press 3rd mb || ctrl-c, and you end up with same text.
> >
> > So basically you need:
> >
> > a:
> > 	1. Open browser window and find wanted text
>
> Only do that if you really want to make it complicated. If you want it
> simpler:
>
> 1. Delete unwanted text
> 2. Open browser window and select wanted text

Nope, i thought about that, but actually you wont always know what you are
going to find, only when you do, you can compare to what you have and see
if you need to delete more or  less of what you have. For example:

This is good text. This is so-so. This one not good.

Then you think, hey, let me see if I can replace 3rd sentence, and _maybe_
I'll also replace 2nd one, _if_ I'll find something better on google.

As you can see, you _can_ delete 3rd before you'll go google, because you
100% sure that you are not going to keep it, on the other side you cannot
delete 2nd because you dont know where is you going to find a
better replacement.

I hope you understand what I'm talking about here.

 - John Golubenko.