List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Copy and paste in KDE
From:       Christian Lavoie <clavoie () bmed ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-02-27 18:18:14

There was a proposition some time ago, to change the behavior to something
that would satisfy BOTH UNIX-like and Windows-like users.

Fact is there are 3 X Window clipboards. SELECTION, PRIMARY, SECONDARY. The
third one is just about never used.

How about:

Selection overwrites the SELECTION clipboard
Ctrl-C overwrites both the SELECTION and PRIMARY clipboards
Ctrl-V pastes from PRIMARY
Mouse middle button pastes from SELECTION

Anyone can find anything wrong with this picture?

--
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Christian Lavoie, clavoie@bmed.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com