List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: resizable grid elements
From:       ramagnus () t-online ! de (Rolf Magnus)
Date:       2002-02-27 11:23:04

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 07:11, avijit ghosh wrote:
> I have a question so trivial I am ashamed
> to ask it but I have  spent the last few hours pouring over the
> tutorial/examples and the kde/qt reference API's to no avail and am at a
> loss as to how to go about doing this.

That's ok. Everyone sometimes gets to a point where (s)he can't find the
solution although it "must be something simple".
But could you tell me what this problem has to do with ogg sounds?

> 	I have a grid of widgets (a tree view a list view and a textview)
> using qgridlayout and I'd like these things to be resizable.. it seems
> that the layout is resizable as a whole but the grid just resizes them all
> simultaneously.
>
> 	the layout is like
>
> 	TREE  | Listview
>                  ---
> 	VIEW  | Textview
>
> 	basically i'd like | - to be resizable rather than just letting
> me resize at the outer edges..

Layouts aren't meant to be manually resized. So you should use two QSplitters
instead, which will give you a small resize handle betwenn the widgets. Just
create a QSpliltter as child of your parent widget, and make all the widgets
that shuold be in there children of the splitter.