List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New shutdown feature on logout (and "halt" vs. "shutdown")
From:       Per Edin <per.programmering () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-02-23 23:04:20

On Saturday 23 February 2002 16.50, Andreas Simon wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 16:45, Per Edin wrote:
> > Can't we just have it like this:
> >
> >    O. Turn computer off
> >       [ ] Turn off manually ( Using the 'halt' command )
> >       [ ] Turn off automatically ( Using the 'poweroff' command )
> >    O. Reboot
> >    O. Logout
> >
> > Where O stands for radiobuttons and [ ] for checkboxes.
>
> Why so complicated?
When i used poweroff on my old computer it did just reboot which was pretty
anoying, until i figured out what the halt command existed. Why dont we let
the user choose wheater he wants to manually turn it of or to automatically
turn it off.

I think Alan Chandlers suggestion seems nice, have it in the control-center
under the system section.