List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Enabling krayon?
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-23 19:14:57

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Andy Goossens wrote:

> On Saturday 23 February 2002 19:49, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Erik Sigra wrote:
> > > Before everyone on this list writes in about their favoirite painter, I
> > > want to suggest "noKray" or "Kunst". But if everything else is
> > > trademarked, "Buntstift" would be good enough.
> >
> > For some reason, both Kunst and Buntstift sound quite ugly :-)
> > Kunst in particular looks like a KDE misspelling by a dyslexic of a four
> > letter word :-)
>
> Buntstift doesn't sound good.
>
> Kunst sounds better, but does create some problems with pronouncation I
> think. Any French speaking people here that can confirm it? (And when you are
> trying to say the name, also try 'Schild en vriend' :-) Only Flemish people
> who know their history lessons may understand that joke)
>
> But Kunst is a normal Dutch and German word and it means 'art'.

Yes. However, you have to consider how it sounds on many other languages.
Think about the Mitsubishi Pajero. Or this russian skater, Slutskaya.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)