List:       kde-debian
Subject:    Re: KDE3.2/sid: /usr/share/applications/kde vs. /usr/share/applnk
From:       "Christoffer Sawicki" <qerub () home ! se>
Date:       2004-02-09 16:23:34

"Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On February 08, 2004 08:57, Martin wrote:
> > Is that a systematic change?
>
> yes... the new Freedesktop.org desktop menu standard, which is meant to
> address many of the issues distributions like Debian and Mandrake have been
> hacking around for years now.
>
> > Should I use symlinks from
> > "usr/share/applications/kde/*" to "/usr/share/applnk/"?
>
> no. they are rather different in structure. i would imagine Debian's menu
> building system has been updated and/or dropped with the advent of the FD.o
> adoption? some of those more attuned to the fine details of Debian will be
> able to answer that...

I'm also using Cheney's packages but I'm not suffering from this problem;
the stuff /usr/share/applications shows up in my menu.

Have a look at the files in /etc/xdg for some clues.

---8<--
applications.menu:
12         <!-- Merge legacy hierarchy -->
13         <KDELegacyDirs/>
---8<--

*/ Christoffer Sawicki <qerub@home.se>