List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: A new IDE for a new milleneum :-)
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-03-31 17:56:42

Am Samstag, 31. März 2001 19:02 schrieb Bernd Gehrmann:

> That's the test from admin ;-) Ideally, the test would simply exclude
> the python subdirectory from compilation if it fails. Don't know about
> Python 2.0.
>
> > Too bad that it crashes on startup now:
> > kdevelop (core): Loading service KIdentify
>
> I've never heard about a service KIdentify ... where does it
> come from?

I wondered as well :) It's simply an app, which had its .desktop files under
.kde/share/apps/Utilities/kidentify.desktop. Wondering why gideon wanted to
start it as a service. Well, I removed it and gideon now starts.

I'm not much into IDEs, so maybe please bear with me :}
I couldn't import an existing directory, just nothing happened. I dunno,
what's supposed to happen, but well, I didn't know what to do :)

Aha, opening a project from an existing directory does work. I now have a PRJ
tab with all the files. Nice!

Creating a new project sort of worked, it failed in some perl stuff tho.
Can't locate gideon.pm in @INC. It's available in
share/apps/gideon/template-common/, but apparently, it looks in
/home/bernd/kde2/share/apps/... :)

Another thing: hitting tab in the editor doesn't generate a tab or indents,
it passes focus to the next thing in the focus-chain.

The documentation-browser is pretty cool, tho :) Oh, and I like that
incremental search without the extra-dialog, but I said that in another
thread, already.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer