List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: now that that's done.. (now on to arts)
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-01-20 2:36:07

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 02:40:30AM +0100, Michael Matz wrote:

> Actually, on OpenBSD all (kdelibs/base) ran very well, much to my
> surprise. (OK, I didn't looked at kdm, and under OpenBSD I also have no
> soundcard, so...)

Yeah, kdm for me is quite useless since I've got a single user system and
I'm quite comfortable with the command line.

Arts (well the stuff in kdemultimedia) is still giving me fits, I can't
build one of the modules because gcc wants me to build with -fhuge-objects
(which means rebuilding *EVERYTHING* on my system), artsd doesn't get
loaded at startup (or it exits without crashing, I'm not sure), and when I
do fire up noatun, it crashes because artsd dies on it (problems with
module loading).  I think it's come down to trying to convince gcc to DTRT
(which it's so obviously not).

- alex