List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature freeze and message freeze
From:       "Bart Szyszka" <bart () gigabee ! com>
Date:       2001-01-16 16:32:44

> Funny how everyone keeps condemning speed... I tested KDE 2.1beta1
> on a PII 200 / 24 M and I found it ok. There's always room for improvement,
> but I'm surprised you're listing this as a top priority.
I'm on a P233 w/ MMX (does anyone even know what MMX is anymore?)
and find KDE 2.1 beta 1 a little too slow for me. My main problem is with
program *startup*. A lot of programs, especially Konqueror and definitly
Koffice stuff, take too long to open. On Windows, there's no delay after
I click on the MSIE icon before it starts showing up on the screen. I
realize that Windows loads something during startup that makes MSIE's
startup minimal and am wondering if something similar can be done for
Konqueror. It'd be nice to have this open enablable/disableable.

- Bart