List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeutils cleanup
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! EDU ! AU>
Date:       2000-05-17 3:02:19

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 11:50:23AM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:
[snip]
> ... kdeutils is a large package and I'd like to get rid of some old
> unused stuff floating around since KDE beta1 days. Does anybody use
> karm? No offense to Taj but I'm not sure if we realy need it in the
> official KDE distribution. It's unmaintained and should perhaps be
> removed if no new maintainer can be found.

Kalle will be looking after it for a while, I know he uses it and so do I
(as do apparently about a dozen people who have mailed me over the last few
months with feature requests). It has belonged in kdepim right from the start,
is there such a module now?

What is the criterion for deciding what goes into the distribution and what
doesn't? Are there any general guidelines?

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"