List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kandalf: request for review
From:       Loren Burkholder <computersemiexpert () outlook ! com>
Date:       2023-12-16 3:16:41

I'm back again with more name ideas.

1. Alpaka. (h/t to Kevin Kofler for the suggestion) I've tended to veer away from \
names such as this, because there is a derivative of the Llama 2 model called \
"Alpaca". However, Alpaca is an open project built by some Stanford researchers, so I \
doubt that they would mind a similar name from us. 2. Orakle. This is pretty neat \
because it invokes the idea of an "oracle" that distributes wisdom; even if an LLM \
doesn't give out oracle-quality information, it's a fun image to have. The main \
problem with this name is Big Red; while Oracle is spelled differently, they do have \
AI products, so this could be a bad idea.

As a runner-up, I have "Newton". While Newton AI is already a company, I did like \
this because of William Wordsworth's quote about Isaac Newton: "A mind forever \
Voyaging through strange seas of Thought, alone." This somehow seems to embody the \
technology of LLMs to me.

Please comment if you have any thoughts; if I don't get feedback on this, Alpaka will \
probably win by default.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Loren