List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    CI log verbosity
From:       Harald Sitter <sitter () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-11-03 11:58:24

What are your thoughts on having the CI be less verbose by default and
instead have an env var or some other toggle to switch into verbose
mode?

Specifically I'm talking about the qtlogging rules that are currently
enabling everything and the kitchen sink. To my mind we should just
use the default rules by default.
I find that 99% of the time the output is entirely useless in finding
what is wrong, if anything it gets in the way because I first have to
find where the test failure is and then instead of reading walls of qt
plugin info I will just proceed to reproduce the problem locally
anyway.

Thoughts?

HS