List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: sentry evaluation
From:       David Edmundson <david () davidedmundson ! co ! uk>
Date:       2023-06-12 21:38:42

>Did you like it?

When we had an initial influx of reports after you first blogged it
was amazing. We were getting reports in places I hadn't seen before on
bugzilla.
It did a really good job of implicitly showing which things were the
most relevant needing fixing, and what's just noise we can just
ignore, and whether a crash has just gone away on it's own.

Now it's dead, but that's a chicken and egg situation.

>What could be improved?

I'm not sure the teams and groups really work out right now. Do we
need to request access to groups and have that approved? I don't want
people to have an excuse to not fix crashes!
There was also a minor issue that a plasma bug might have a frameworks
or Qt fix, but I couldn't reliably say "fixed in next version", it's
not a case which sentry had a good infra for. (bugzilla also isn't
amazing at that)

>Should we move ahead with a more permanent setup?

100% has my vote. Can we do things on a per-project basis? We can
surface things in the Plasma UI right now, and there's still a while
before release to pivot if needed.

David