List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: liquidshell in kdereview
From:       Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-03-11 9:34:35

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 1:25 PM Martin Koller <kollix@aon.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since some time has already passed and there was no conclusion, I'll try =
once again
> to announce liquidshell.
>
> I have made adjustments to the README which now says:
>
> liquidshell is a basic Desktop Shell implemented using QtWidgets.
>
> Main Features:
> - Wallpaper per virtual desktop
> - No animations, low memory and CPU footprint
> - Instant startup
> - No use of activities

How apps that deal with activities will work on? they will just
silently ignore activities?

> - QtWidgets based, therefore follows widget style from systemsettings
> - Icons are used from your globally defined icon theme from systemsetting=
> - Colors are used from your globally defined color theme from systemsetti=
ngs
> - Can additionally be styled with css by passing the commandline option -=
stylesheet filename.css
>   (see included example stylesheet.css)
> - uses existing KDE Frameworks dialogs for most configurations, e.g. Star=
tMenu, Virtual Desktops, Bluetooth, Network
> - Just one bottom DesktopPanel, containing:
>   StartMenu (allowing drag of entries into konqueror/dolphin to configure=
 QuickLaunch or AppMenu entries)
>   QuickLaunch (showing icons for .desktop files from a configurable folde=
r)
>   AppMenu (showing .desktop files in a menu from a configurable folder, d=
efaults to users desktop folder)
>   Pager (for switching virtual desktops)
>   WindowList (Popup showing all open windows on all desktops)
>   TaskBar (showing windows on the current desktop, allowing drag of an en=
try onto the Pager to move to a different desktop)
>   LockLogout
>   SysLoad widget including CPU, Memory, Swap and Network bars, live updat=
ed tooltip
>   SysTray with integrated Network-, Notifications-, Device Notifier-, Blu=
etooth-, Battery- display.
>       It also features PackageKit software updates integration.
>       The DeviceList also shows devices connected and paired with KDEConn=
ect.
>       Display of StatusNotifier items from other applications (no legacy =
embedded icons yet).
>       Notifications kept in a history list for some minutes, including ti=
mestamp and text selectable per mouse
>       (very handy for copy/paste of TAC numbers from online banking recei=
ved via SMS and transferred to KDE