List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: liquidshell in kdereview
From:       Sebastian =?UTF-8?B?S8O8Z2xlcg==?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-12-01 13:05:19

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 18:41:28 +0100
Martin Koller <kollix@aon.at> wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 30. November 2017 10:04:51 CET Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> > > since more than 3 weeks have passed, I hopefully have addressed
> > > all issues and I got no further comments, are there any blocking
> > > points you see or can I proceed requesting the move to extragear ?
> > >
> > > A note regarding the comment to not use the start-here-kde logo:
> > > I got in contact with the visual design group and got the
> > > information to stay with this logo.
> >
> > I strongly disagree. Could you point me to the discussion?
>
> it was mail exchange in private (german) mails with the
> breeze/oxygen-icons maintainer "kainz.a" <kainz.a@gmail.com>

In any case, this is not just a visual design question, it's a branding
and marketing question just as much, and a general communication and
positioning question as well.

I'm vetoing any move to released software at the very least until the
logo has changed. I also don't think that a technical review of the
code is enough to warrant us to ship liquidshell as a finished product,
for the reasons that Martin Flöser pointed out. It would harm KDE as a
whole and Plasma specifically (ironically, the product that you use
most parts from).

Cheers,

-- sebas