2013/4/15 Martin Sandsmark : > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 02:04:43PM +0200, Sebastian K=FCgler wrote: >> Polling every 5 seconds for a file that is rarely changed is a bug. > > What functionality does it break? I have seem this code before and would ask the same thing, it breaks the kded daemon being able to sleep which from the power saving point of view it's a bug, but indeed a review would be better, and if someone really needs this a watcher would be the proper fix. > > I'm not saying it's not suboptimal, and it can be solved in better ways, = but > I would in no way consider this a bug fix. > > -- > Martin Sandsmark > -- Daniel Nicoletti KDE Developer - http://dantti.wordpress.com