List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: device-automounter moved to kdereview
From:       Jacopo De Simoi <wilderkde () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-03 15:55:25

> > Also, imho the informations should be refreshed even if it's already
> > present in the .rc file whenever possible; besides; who is responsible to
> > fill in the devices in the .rc file? the daemon I suppose; would it be
> > possible to save the pretty name we have found for our device at the
> > daemon level? so that whenever you connect the drive, the user would find
> > it with its pretty name in the disconnected devices node as well. Having
> > it set up at the daemon level could make the kcm part merely read it from
> > the .rc since it will be automagically updated.
> It does that. The only reason for having the code to generate a name is for
> the condition where a new device is plugged in and the daemon hasn't written
> the name to the .rc yet. I'm sure there's a much better way involving dbus
> signals or using dbus to just ask the daemon for the list of devices.

/me should remember to relogin when recompiling a kded module
My apologies :)

It seems that, thanks to Albert now we can just use dev.description() and forget about adding \
the size ourselves; also it seems sane that, since the naming method is shared by daemon and \
kcm, it should be put in the automounterSettings as well (and don't forget to add the icon-name \
to the rc as well ;)

Thanks a lot
  --J