List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Reminder] KDE 4.1 Beta 2
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2008-06-16 18:26:18

Op maandag 16 juni 2008 20:21 schreef u:
> Stupid question: is this released together with kdesupport ?

Hi,

libs/apps in kdesupport should do their own release and tagging. You can use the \
script in playground/utils/createtarball if you like.

> If yes, then automoc from kdesupport will be used, which would be nice. If
> not, I think I'll disable the automoc coming with kdelibs today, so we are
> not getting too late with this.

If you provide a tarball somewhere, it makes sense to release a beta of kde depending \
on that piece of software to find remaining issues. I think most distro's have a \
package ready for automoc, as akonadi already depends on it.  SVN users usually \
compile kdesupport anyhow, so I think it is safe to make the switch.

> (automoc in kdesupport can then be used also be Qt-only non-KDE projects, as
> phonon, akonadi, etc.).
>
> Additionally we had a quite lengthy discussion about the library dependencies
> of kdelibs with Debian and SUSE packagers (Dirk ?) and have already a patch
> in kdelibs, but this has to be enabled explicitely
> (KDE4_ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_LIB_EXPORT). This can reduce the number of library
> dependencies which is important for packagers.
> I didn't yet get feedback from everybody involved, and it is slowly getting
> late for 4.1...

Can't comment on that.

Toma